Dr. Cara Olsen - Family Practitioner & Neuro Specialist
DC, CDMF, CCSMS
Dr. Cara Olsen is a family chiropractor that specializes in neurology in Vancouver Washington. With over 20 years of practice and extensive studies, she has developed a technique of diagnosis with biomechanics and motion palpation that is able to fine-tune any joint in the human body. Her unique combination of experience, education, and skill is what allows her to go beyond the scope of stand-alone machine diagnostics to pinpoint your problem, piece together an extremely accurate overall picture of your condition, and what it takes to fix it. She will also utilize various forms of medicine so that she can get your body’s system back to its original state of balance. She is extremely grateful to have been able to observe and work with the most successful medical offices around the world. She believes in utilizing other medical providers to provide an efficient, permanent, and cost-effective integrative medical solution to your injury so it does not reoccur or result in semi-permanent damage. Dr. Cara currently practices Chiropractic in Vancouver, WA, Arizona, Maui, and Colorado.
The Dr. Cara Olsen DC Technique is a custom integration of all of the most effective techniques she’s learned from successful medical providers around the world. These techniques are uniquely applied to each patient based on an accurate diagnosis which can only be made at end range movement patterns within the joint capsule. Each treatment begins with a diagnosis and a detailed educational connection with the patient so they know what is wrong as well. She then proceeds by removing the worst restrictions in the body to restore proper movement. Afterwards, she works on the unstable, overused, and injured joints by stabilizing the muscles which are guarding the joint. Most practices will stretch, scrape, and adjust the injured area of complaint. This is short term distraction; symptom therapy, that will not be performed at this office because it is not a long term solution. Dr. Cara blends chiropractic care, neurology, functional and regenerative medicine with nutrition and lifestyle modifications to eliminate the problems that are causing you pain. This may include rehabilitation exercises and stretches that you do at your discretion. Dr. Cara also specializes in treating cranial and advanced injuries as well as many different manipulative, soft tissue, and physical therapies including Mckenzie, Fascia, Rolfing, Taping, and more! As a female chiropractor she also specializes in female care, reproductive issues and other symptoms for females only.
Dr. Cara Olsen has over a decade of experience treating tens of thousands of patients, but she still regularly attends seminars, reads books, takes classes, networks with other specialists, and works on acquiring more specialties:
- Advanced Cranial Adjusting – Roger Turner 2016
- Motor Vehicle collision mechanics – Arthur Croft 2017
- Concussion, Upper Extremity, and MRI training with Dr. Moureu and
- Beverly Harger – Western States 2017
- Chiropractic Certified Sports Injury and Rehab Specialist – Texas
- Chiropractic College 2019
- Neurophysiology of stress – Dr. David Bleiler, DC, DAAPM 2018
- Cold Laser Therapy and Usage – 2015 Erchonia PDX/Chicago
- Gait Analysis – Foot Levelers 2015
- Parker seminars on Hormones, Sports Medicine, and the Scoliosis institute with motion studies – 2013
- Motor Vehicle injuries from Aaron Deshaw – PDX 2015
- Pediatrics Care and Nutrition – PDX 2012
- Motion Palpation Institute from Bret Winchester – PDX 2009
- Anti-inflammatory healing diet / Neuro-regeneration supplementation practices – David Seeman 2008
- Gonstead advanced x-ray review. 2008 Stephen Ray WSCC
- Cranial Sacral Upleder series and applied Kinesiology Series.
- Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation 2005 by Dr. Inman.
- Frequency specific Microcurrent protocols by Dr. Minga Guerrerra
- CCSMS Diagnosis of Sports Injuries – Texas Chiropractic College
Dr. Cara does not just treat the body, but also the mind as any symptoms of the body actually stem from symptoms of the mind. As a Certified Demartini Facilitator of Human Behavior by the Demartini Institute since October 2014–she actively lectures and gives talks at universities, businesses, and medical groups on topics of human behavior, health, personal development, career developtment, relationships, and success. She does both group and private counseling available at Efficiency Mastery and is also the author of “Succeed as a Doctor”.