What is Vielight?
Vielight is another light therapy we offer at Just For The Health Of It. Vielight is a (PBM) photobiomodulation device, also known as low-level light therapy (LLLT). It use specific wavelengths of light (red or near-infrared spectrum), to stimulate cellular function and promote healing in various parts of the body. The specific treatment we have is intranasal devices (in nose) + transcranial (on the head) specifically for cognitive treatment / function and to support brain health and mitigate the effects of neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. We also offer performance treatment for our athletes as well.
What Conditions Can Vielight Help With?
Studies show that Vielight may help with the following (but not limited to) conditions:
- Mild cognitive impairment and dementia
- Depression and anxiety
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic pain
- Stroke recovery
- Multiple sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s Disease (AD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Autism (ASD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD and Gulf War Illness (PTSD)
- Brain Neuromodulation and Cellular Effects
How Can Vielight Help Me?
Photobiomodulation is a relatively new field of research and as an emerging technology, there is ongoing & growing evidence that it can be beneficial for a wide range of conditions, including pain, inflammation, wound healing, and cognitive function. It can also increase blood flow to the brain, enhance metabolic functions, stimulate the creation of new cells, and provide protection to the brain.
- Brain health: Vielight devices are often used to improve cognitive function, memory, and mood. This is because the specific wavelengths of light used by these devices have been shown to stimulate the production of ATP, a molecule that is essential for cellular energy production and brain function.
- Pain relief: Vielight devices can also be used to relieve pain, particularly headaches and migraines. This is because the light therapy can help to reduce inflammation and improve circulation in the affected area.
- Sleep quality: Vielight devices may also help improve sleep quality by regulating the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle. The light therapy can help to stimulate the production of melatonin, a hormone that is essential for sleep.
- Sinus and respiratory health: Some Vielight devices are designed to deliver light therapy to the nasal cavity, which may help to improve sinus and respiratory health by reducing inflammation and promoting the body’s natural healing processes.
How Does Vielight Therapy Work?
Vielight technology is the first in the world to demonstrate the ability to modulate and alter brainwaves using NIR electromagnetic (light) energy, measured through EEG. Alpha brainwaves are prominent when the mind is calm and in some meditative states. Alpha is the resting state for the brain. Our Vielight device is a non-invasive medical device that uses light therapy to stimulate cellular activity in the brain and body. It uses near-infrared (NIR) light to stimulate the cells in the brain Which can have therapeutic effects on the cells and tissues of the body. This type of light is used to penetrate deep into the brain tissue, where it can stimulate the cells and promote healing and/or reduce inflammation. Vielight can also increase blood flow to the targeted area, promoting the production of ATP (a molecule that provides energy to cells), and stimulate the cells to produce growth factors that promote healing.
How Often Should I Use Vielight?
Treatment will be prescribed by the doctors and unique to the individuals condition and purpose.
What Does Light Therapy Do To The Brain?
Research on red light therapy and brain health shows that natural light improves reaction time, attention, memory, and executive function. Some of the benefits that show the most potential are as follows: Improved cognitive function. Improved recovery from stroke. Currently, Vielight devices are being used in a number of clinical trials including Alzheimer’s disease and traumatic brain injury to cognitive performance.
If you are an athlete, photobiomodulation (PBM) technology can give you a competitive edge. Brain photobiomodulation can help improve your mental acuity, spatial skills, coordination and reflexes. Systemic photobiomodulation has the potential to support your immunity, increase your energy and help with recovery.
Heal Your Brain!
Find out if Vielight treatment is right for you by scheduling a complimentary consult with our doctors today!